The Vision of the Zen Peacemaker Order
We envision a world in which each person and society as a whole awaken to the interdependence of life, where all beings live in harmony, everything is included, life is sustainable, and suffering from violence and ignorance is extinguished.
The Mission of the Zen Peacemaker Order
Our mission is to create a community of peacemakers enacting a vision of peace through the practice of meditation, the Rule of the Zen Peacemaker Order and social action, and to nurture an environment for the realization and actualization of peacemaking as a path of awakening. We seek to connect, train and support Zen Peacemakers throughout the world.
The Core Values of the Zen Peacemaker Order
Our core values are:
- The Three Tenets of the Zen Peacemakers:
- Not-Knowing by giving up fixed ideas about ourselves and the universe.
- Bearing Witness to the joy and suffering of the world.
- Taking Action that arises from Not-Knowing and Bearinig Witness.
- Minimizing suffering to ourselves and others.
- Broad-based inclusivity of all things.
- Renewal, creativity and experimentation.
- Inquiry into skillful means.
- Peer governance.
The Core Practices of the Zen Peacemaker Order
Our core practices are:
- Maintain a regular Zen Meditation practice with a group or privately.
- Continued study and practice of the ZPO Rule.
- A monthly Day of Reflection on the ZPO Rule with a group or privately.
- Periodic practice of the Way of Council.
- Monthly Social Action: volunteer service other than your job.
- Maintain a regular Minute of Silence for Peace at Noon.
- Attend a Bearing Witness Retreat at least once every three years.
- Study and do the Gate of Sweet Nectar Liturgy at least once per month with a group or privately.