The Eight Gates are:
1. Zazen, a type of meditation described as “sitting Zen”
2. Face-to-face meetings between teacher and student
3. Academic study of the sutras related to Zen training, other schools of Buddhism, Buddhist history, psychology, and philosophy
4. Zen rites and rituals and their meaning
5. The moral and ethical requirements set in the Buddhist Precepts
6. Art practice as an extension of Zen practice
7. Body practice as an extension of Zen practice
8. Work as an active function of zazen
Beautifully illustrated with Loori’s own photographs, this edition also includes a new introduction and an updated reading list.
There are no reviews yet.