ATTEND EVENTS BY ZPI AND GLOBAL AFFILIATE GROUPS
Attend members’ meetings, panels, sharing circles and trainings in Zen Peacemakers practices and the Three Tenets: Not Knowing, Bearing Witness and Taking Action.
Our online events have really grown over this past year and members have access to a growing video library.
Our affiliate network conducts events, programs and projects world-wide in a spectrum of fields, from serving refugees to plunging in a Street Retreat, from training in Nonviolent Communication to mobilizing rallies, and more.
- Pay-what-you-can membership: All our programs, services and benefits are offered with the support of our sponsors and members. We would like to keep our membership accessible, and invite you to make a monthly contribution that is rewarding to you.
- Join, explore and participate in the Zen Peacemakers Hive – our brand new community platform
- Join affiliates based on regions, subjects or training centers.
- Meet members around the world and nearby.
- Organize programs, plunges and retreats.
- Submit articles to the Zen Peacemakers Journal.
- Register your team/center/service as a ZPI affiliate and benefit from an all-in-one management platform.
- Participate in world-wide council meetings online.
- Receive our monthly newsletter featuring the highlights of the Zen Peacemakers Journal.
- Support a world-wide movement of humanitarian action, peace-building, social and civic engagement based on the Three Tenets
Choose among being a:
Focus Affiliate – centering around a particular topic (i.e. Refugees, Climate Change)
Regional Affiliate – centering around serving the members in a specific geographic region (i.e. Berlin, Germany)
Training Affiliate – affiliating your center providing trainings or special services
Bearing Witness Retreat – centering around a one-of-a-kind bearing witness retreat
A ZPI affiliate will have:
- A dedicated online forum;
- A dedicated photo folder;
- The capacity to post events visible to entire ZPI global membership;
- Individual members of the affiliate will be able to connect with other members around the world; and,
- Access to the ZPI membership and affiliate platform is donation-based.
As a ZPI Affiliate Leader you will be able to:
- Send messages to the members of your group directly from the Hive;
- Invite members from within the global network to join your affiliate;
- Invite non-ZPI members to join your affiliate;
- Participate in quarterly online meetings with other global affiliate leaders (or designate a representative to do so);
- Create and share events with your affiliate ZPI members;
- Create events open to all ZPI members;
- Publish articles/reports on your activities on the Zen Peacemakers Journal;
- Benefit from ZPI’s vast social-media outreach;
- Attract new members to your own group, grow your following and grow participation in your existing events.
Note about Name of Affiliates: We encourage an affiliate to use a distinct name that does not include ‘Zen Peacemakers’ and to proudly and visibly state (on outreach, media etc.) that the affiliate and its actions “Are conducted in the spirit of the Zen Peacemakers Three Tenets: Not-Knowing, Bearing Witness and Taking Action.” This way the affiliation is clear, while contributing to the affiliate’s self-empowerment and self-governance.
For more information and to apply, please contact us at [email protected]
Q: In the past I was a ZPO member. How does that relate to Zen Peacemakers International membership?
A: Zen Peacemakers’ long history has included two main groups of followers: one group of social activists who are inspired by the Three Tenets, and another group of social activists that were were inspired by the Three Tenets and also involved in the Zen Buddhist precepts, study, lineage, ordination and training paths, etc. This latter group was commonly associated with the Zen Peacemaker Order (ZPO). The first group is very large, the second is small. Zen Peacemakers International was created to include and serve both groups, and the relationship between them is currently under development.
Q: Must I be a Buddhist? Must I meditate?
A: The Three Tenets are a simple way to live and respond. One may adhere to any or no spiritual path at all. There are many ways to access Not Knowing, whether it be via meditation, prayer, chanting, dance, music-playing – any means that brings one into a space of fresh wonder and brisk openness. Throughout the years Christians, Jews, Muslims, and those of other faiths have been counted among the Zen Peacemakers.
Your iOS or Android smartphone will keep you connected anywhere.